HEPA sealed system
Three Cleaning Modes
Dual-action brush roll
Vinyl floors are resistant to damage, they’re cost-effective, and they feel more comfortable to walk on than floor types such as stone or hardwood. However, if you’ve got vinyl floors in your home, you might wonder if you can safely vacuum them. The answer is that you can, and you actually should do this to keep your floors in good condition.
Why is vacuuming your vinyl floors important? You have to tackle dirt and dust on the floor as soon as they occur, otherwise they can degrade the finish of your vinyl. Using a vacuum cleaner is more convenient and provides a deeper clean than sweeping your floor with a broom.
Choosing the best vacuum for vinyl floors might feel overwhelming. But don’t worry – we feature the best ones to consider if you want to better maintain your vinyl floors. These models have all the best features to keep your vinyl floors looking good and remaining clean.
Best Overall: BISSELL 2998
This vacuum cleaner makes the number-one spot on our list because of how it’s both user-friendly and powerful. It makes use of Lift-Off technology that enables you to remove its canister to make it a portable cleaning device.
It’s guaranteed to keep your vinyl floors hygienic and safe, thanks to its HEPA sealed system that traps pollutants and particles.
It’s got a lightweight design so you can easily carry it around and move it across your vinyl floors. It weighs just 15.5 pounds. With its swivel steering feature, you won’t have to worry about exerting yourself during a home-cleaning session. It will do all the hard work for you.
While it’s ideal for vinyl floors, you can also use this vacuum cleaner on a variety of other surfaces. It’s also great for cleaning upholstery and curtains in the home.
You’ll love that this vacuum cleaner has a power cord which is 30 feet in length so you won’t have to worry about getting tangled in it or it not being long enough for you to clean your entire home.
To ensure your vinyl floors can remain in pristine condition, this vacuum cleaner has a brush on/off switch so you can choose not to use it if you’re worried of scratching your floor.
- Size: 31.9 x 13.7 x 10.9 inches
- Weight: 15.5 lbs
- Suction Power: 4.2 out of 5 stars
- This best vacuum for vinyl floors has a tangle-free brush roll so you won’t have to cut hair that’s been wrapped around it.
- It can trap up to 99.97 percent of allergens, so it’s ideal for allergy sufferers and pet owners.
- It’s designed with LED lights so you can spot dirt and dust in any corner of the home.
- This best vacuum for vinyl floors comes with a washable filter that’s easy to remove and clean.
- People have said that it glides smoothly across high-pile carpets and cleans them effectively.
- Some people who have purchased this vacuum cleaner have said it can be a bit difficult to move around.
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors
Runner-up: Dyson V11
This is one of the best vacuum cleaners for keeping your vinyl floors healthy and clean. It’s considered to be the most powerful and intuitive cordless vacuum from Dyson, so it’s worth checking out.
One of its best features is that it has double the suction power of other cordless vacuums! It’s intelligent because it has effective suction power to accommodate all types of floors, giving you up to 60 minutes of run time, which is much more than what you’ll find in other vacuum cleaners.
This best vacuum for vinyl floors is equipped with a high-torque cleaner head that adapts suction and power automatically so you can clean different types of floors without having to change the head of the vacuum cleaner. This makes it much easier to use on a regular basis.
With its advanced whole-machine filtration, this vacuum cleaner can trap up to 99.99 percent of particles, allergens, and dust. This makes it valuable for pet owners and allergy sufferers.
When you purchase this vacuum cleaner, you’ll receive a variety of tools and accessories included in the pack, such as a mini-motorized tool, a dirt brush, a crevice tool, a soft dusting brush, and a combination tool.
You’ll have everything you need to clean your home and maintain your vinyl floors.
- Size: 50.63 x 9.84 x 10.28 inches
- Weight: 6.68 lbs
- Suction Power: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- It has an LCD screen that displays important data, such as your selected power mode and how much run time remains.
- Its LCD screen also gives you other information, such as filter maintenance reminders as well as blockage reports.
- It has three cleaning modes – eco, auto, and boost – to effectively clean around the home.
- For easy storage, it has a docking station that charges and stores the vacuum cleaner.
- It has stiff nylon brushes that dig deeply into carpets to remove stubborn debris, so it’s not just ideal for vinyl floors.
- The battery sometimes only lasts around 30 minutes.
- Some people have said it can be difficult to move around.
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors
Alternative: BISSELL CrossWave
This is another vacuum cleaner-mop combination device that you should invest in for your home. It can be used on a variety of flooring types, such as sealed hard floors, wood floors, and rugs, so it’s versatile.
It makes use of two-tank technology that ensures its clean water is kept away from the dirty water and dry dirt, so you always have clean floors without a mess.
For more effective vacuuming, this vacuum cleaner comes with a dual-action multi-surface brush roll. This is made of microfiber and nylon that can rotate up to 3,000 revolutions per minute, while mopping at the same time.
This means you can clean your home faster and more effectively, with less fuss. Whether you want to do a quick or intensive clean, this Bissell vacuum cleaner/mop device is up for the challenge.
It’s easy to use this device. You just have to press a button and it will switch from cleaning hard floors to vacuuming and washing carpets. It’s user-friendly and convenient, ensuring that your vinyl floors will remain spick and span.
It’s also light and easy to move around your home with greater ease, so you don’t cause damage, such as in the form of scuffs, to your floor.
- Size: 10.5 x 12 x 46 inches
- Weight: 11.5 lbs
- Suction Power: N/A
- This vacuum cleaner comes with a cord that’s 25 feet long so you will be able to move around with it easier.
- When you’re done cleaning, the vacuum cleaner’s Docking Tray gives you a spot where you can store your device.
- The Docking Tray can also be used to place the brush rolls so they can dry, which is another great feature.
- It comes with a cleaning solution that smells good and leaves your home feeling fresh.
- The water gets suctioned well and dries quickly, which is good as water accumulation can damage vinyl.
- Some people who have purchased this vacuum cleaner have said that it leaves streaks on the floor.
- Others have noted that you can’t apply more pressure to mop tough stains.
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors
Alternative: EUREKA Cordless
If you own vinyl floors, you should clean them daily to ensure dirt and dust doesn’t degrade them. You can do this easily and without any hassle by purchasing this Eureka vacuum cleaner.
Not only is it cordless for increased convenience, but it’s lightweight and can be wall mounted so you don’t have to take up precious floor space when storing it.
You can clean your floors as well as other items in the home with this vacuum cleaner, such as your curtains and upholstered furniture, thanks to how it converts into a cordless hand-held vacuum cleaner. It also has a cleaning path of 9.8 inches, so you can clean your home much faster than before.
For even more ease of use, you can attach the hand vacuum to the floor nozzle directly for times when you need to clean your stairs thoroughly.
This makes it more user-friendly while ensuring that you can get into tight, awkward places to give your stairs a good clean.
It comes with a crevice tool so you can clean those hard-to-reach places in the home, not just on stairs, and a wall mount accessory for convenient storage when you’re done with your daily cleaning session.
You don’t have to worry about upkeep with this vacuum cleaner because of how it comes with washable filters that are easy to clean.
- Size: 9.9 x 6.2 x 43.1 inches
- Weight: 4.9 lbs
- Suction Power: N/A
- This vacuum cleaner cleans underneath furniture effectively, preventing dirt from accumulating.
- It has two cleaning modes – high and low – so you can choose the best suction for your floor and carpet.
- It gives you 30 minutes of runtime, and has a rechargeable battery.
- It has a dust cup that’s easy to empty and clean.
- It’s really easy to assemble – just attach the nozzle and tube, and you’re good to go!
- Although it comes with LED lights, they’re not very bright.
- Some people who have purchased this vacuum cleaner have said that it doesn’t stand upright on its own.
- It lacks the suction power that you can find in other vacuum cleaners on the market.
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors
Alternative: Bissell SpinWave
Although this is a floor mop, it actually can be used as a vacuum cleaner too. It works well to remove dust and dirt, in the same way that a vacuum cleaner does, but it also gives your floors a wet clean, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning your home.
It’s always useful to have a mop and vacuum cleaner in one device, and it frees up storage space.
This vacuum cleaner comes with an 18-volt lithium-ion battery that gives you 20 minutes of cordless use, so you don’t have to be restricted by power cords. This makes it easy to use when you want to do a quick clean without the fuss.
It’s designed with spinning mop pads that can tackle dirt and dust, while being gentle on your floors so you can be sure that your vinyl floors will be protected while getting cleaned properly.
This best wet-dry vacuum for vinyl floors is safe to use on a variety of floor types, such as vinyl, hardwood, linoleum, and tile. It will keep your home clean and shiny, so your floors will look like it’s just been installed.
Since you can vacuum and mop at the same time, this reduces how much time you have to spend cleaning the home.
- Size: 27.56 x 15.98 x 7.24 inches
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Suction Power: 5 out of 5 stars
- This vacuum/mop comes with an on-demand spray so you can control how much solution you use when you clean your floors.
- It comes equipped with two soft-touch pads, two PET multi-surface formulas, and two scrubby pads.
- It’s designed with SpinWave PET that gives you a powerful, effective clean without making a lot of noise.
- It comes with swivel steering, a feature that enables you to clean around and under furniture.
- It’s easy to move around and carry, thanks to only weighing 11 pounds.
- Some people who have purchased this vacuum cleaner/mop have said that it doesn’t work well to suck up large debris.
- Others have said that the battery life doesn’t always live up to their expectations.
Best Vacuum For Vinyl Floors
Vacuum For Vinyl Floors FAQ
We’ve featured the best vacuum for vinyl floors so you can choose one that’s powerful while still being gentle on your floors. But, if you want to vacuum your vinyl floors, you should know some important information about this.
Here are some common questions and answers about vinyl floors so you can keep them in excellent condition.
Can vinyl floors be vacuumed?
You can definitely clean your vinyl floors with a vacuum cleaner. Sometimes people think that they can’t use a vacuum on this type of floor because plastic vacuum cleaners can scratch it.
You have to be careful, such as by removing the beater bar of the vacuum cleaner so that it won’t scratch or scuff the vinyl. Another good tip is to set your vacuum cleaner to bare-floor mode. This is pretty much the same thing as removing the device’s beater bar.
Since you want to be gentle on your vinyl floors, you should ensure you follow some important tips as the vacuuming process itself can sometimes be damaging.
- Place doormats on the floor. This prevents you from bringing debris and dirt into the home, which can damage the vinyl floor surface if not removed immediately.
- Use furniture pads. These are felt or foam pads that are placed underneath the feet of furniture. They prevent you from scratching your vinyl floor when you have to move furniture around to give your home a good clean. Alternatively, choose a vacuum cleaner that can fit underneath furniture or move around it so that you can clean effectively without causing unnecessary problems.
What is the best way to clean vinyl plank flooring?
Vinyl plank flooring is also called luxury vinyl floor (LVF) or luxury vinyl plank (LVP). It basically gets manufactured in narrow, long strips instead of regular square tile shapes. It comes in a variety of colors and patterns. What’s great about it is that it’s easy to maintain.
That said, debris can scratch and scuff vinyl plank flooring, so you have to ensure you remove dirt from it as soon as it occurs.
This can be done by sweeping or vacuuming the floor. If you want to clean your floor with a vacuum cleaner, make sure you remove its beater bar (or choose a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t have a beater bar installed) so that you prevent the risk of damage. This type of vacuum cleaner is the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors.
After vacuuming your floor, you will want to clean it with water and a cleaning solution. Just make sure you avoid products that have ammonia as this will damage it. A better cleaning solution that will protect the finish of your vinyl floor is to add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap in a bucket containing warm water.
Avoid the temptation to add more soap as this can produce a film on the vinyl floor that will attract debris to it.
When cleaning, a pro tip is to use a liquid dishwashing soap such as Dawn when cleaning vinyl plank flooring in the kitchen, as a result of how it works as a degreaser to cut through oil and other stubborn spills.
How do you vacuum a vinyl floor?
When you vacuum clean your vinyl floor, you should first ensure you disengage the beater bar if your vacuum cleaner has one on board.
Before you go ahead and vacuum your floor, you need to choose an attachment or setting on the device that is made specifically for cleaning hard surfaces.
If you need to purchase a new vacuum cleaner for your home, you should invest in one of the best vacuum cleaners for vinyl floors, such as one of the products we’ve featured in this buying guide. This will ensure you get all the features you need to keep your vinyl floors in excellent condition.
How do you make vinyl floors shiny?
Although you might assume you can use paste wax polish on your vinyl floor, this is not a good idea. It leaves behind a residue and film that will accumulate over time and make your floor look dull.
Instead, make your vinyl floors shiny by mixing a cup of cider vinegar and a gallon of hot water, then add a few drops of baby oil to it.
Sometimes scuffs on the vinyl floor can cause it to lack shine so it looks dull. To make it shiny again you will have to remove the scuffs.
Add some WD-40 lubricant to a towel and gently rub the scuff until it can no longer be seen. Then, clean it well with vinegar and water so that you remove the lubricant residue.
Vinyl floors look good and are a cost-effective alternative to more expensive flooring materials, such as wood, but you have to ensure you keep them in good condition. If you want to clean your vinyl floors easier and more effectively, you’ll want to get your hands on the best vacuum cleaner for vinyl floors.
In this article, we’ve featured the five most powerful and effective devices, looking at their pros and cons so you can choose the one that suits your living space and lifestyle the best. We’ve also looked at some information you should know about keeping your vinyl floors clean and hygienic for the whole family.
HEPA sealed system