How To Empty A Dyson Ball Vacuum: What You Need To Know
If you own a vacuum cleaner, you have to clean it out regularly. This prevents it from getting clogged and it ensures that the machine will have enough power to clean at its highest potential.
Do you have to empty a bagless vacuum cleaner? All Dyson vacuum cleaners are bagless so they are easy to empty and you don’t have to worry about dealing with bags or having to replace them.
With that in mind, here’s everything you need to know about how to empty a Dyson Ball vacuum cleaner. The good news is that it’s really simple!
- 1 What Is Dyson Ball Technology?
- 2 Do You Need To Empty A Dyson Ball Vacuum?
- 3 How To Empty Dyson Ball Vacuum
- 4 How To Clean Your Dyson Ball Vacuum Cleaner
- 5 Other Important Things To Know About Cleaning Your Dyson Ball Vacuum
- 6 Related Questions
- 7 Conclusion
What Is Dyson Ball Technology?
Dyson ball technology was developed by the company to make it easier for people to move their vacuum cleaners around when cleaning the home.
With just a flick of the wrist, the Dyson ball helps you to turn corners and get around furniture, so you don’t have to put in as much effort when cleaning.
This technology keeps important parts of the vacuum cleaner, such as its filter and motor, inside its ball or sphere. This compression produces a lower center of gravity that helps to keep the vacuum cleaner flexible as well as stable.
Do You Need To Empty A Dyson Ball Vacuum?
As compared to other types of vacuum cleaners, the Dyson ball models have digital motors that spin air very quickly so dust and debris is pulled from the air and then sent to the dust bin on board.
This bin needs to be emptied when the dust that’s been collected by the vacuum cleaner has reached the maximum level.
How To Empty Dyson Ball Vacuum
- Before you start, make sure your vacuum cleaner is switched off and unplugged.
- Check the bin to ensure that it’s ready to be emptied. You’ll see that the dust level has to reach a maximum level, which is marked on the bin.
- Press the catch that’s found on the top of the carrying handle. This will empty the bin. Be careful – you want to ensure you’re holding the vacuum cleaner over a garbage bin so that the dust and debris will fall into the bin and not make a mess in your home.
- You might have to shake the bin a bit to clean it out effectively.
- To close the bin, press the center of the bin base. Press firmly on the bin so that it will close up again and click into place.
How To Clean Your Dyson Ball Vacuum Cleaner
Besides removing and emptying the dustbin, there are other important ways to maintain your Dyson ball vacuum cleaner. These include the following tips.
Clean the filters
Most filters in a Dyson vacuum cleaner will be located near the cyclone, which is attached to the bin. You will be able to lift and remove the filter by releasing a catch.
Note that some vacuums have multiple filters so check inside the ball for them. You can clean the filter with clear, cool water until the water runs clear.
Clean the cyclone
You can separate the cyclone from the clear bin by first pressing a red button on the unit. This reveals a silver button behind the red opening mechanism, that when pressed will separate the cyclone from the clear bin easily.
You can clean the cyclone by wiping it with a dry cloth to remove debris and dust.
Clean the head
To detach the vacuum cleaner’s head, place the vacuum cleaner on its back so you can see the red latch near the head. This will detach it. Check for dirt in the airway behind the cleaner head. You can pull it out with your fingers.
The cleaner head has red levers. Pull these outwards and swing open the baseplate. This enables you to check for dirt inside the cleaner head. Check that the brush bar is free of dirt and spins smoothly.
Unclog the hose
When the vacuum cleaner is upright, release its hose by pulling the red collar so it snaps open. Check that there’s no debris inside it. Make sure you refit it by pushing it away from you and snapping it into place.
Once you’ve done all these inspections and cleaned your vacuum cleaner, you need to ensure it all gets reassembled properly.
- Check that the baseplate of the cleaner head is swung shut, then put the levers back into position so the baseplate is securely fastened.
- Refit the clear bin and make sure it clicks shut.
- Close the bin base and make sure it also clicks shut.
- Place the front of the vacuum cleaner onto the cleaner head. It should click into place.
Other Important Things To Know About Cleaning Your Dyson Ball Vacuum
- Never use any detergents to clean your vacuum cleaner’s bin.
- Make sure that the parts are dried thoroughly before you reassemble them.
- Check the vacuum cleaner’s filter regularly to ensure that it’s not clogged with debris. You should wash the filter every six months. If you’re vacuuming fine dust, you will have to wash the filter more regularly.
It’s normal for this button to feel stiff when your Dyson vacuum cleaner is new. But don’t worry, it will become looser and easier to use after some regular use.
How many filters does a Dyson vacuum cleaner have?
Some vacuum cleaners have one HEPA filter while most have two – these are the pre-motor filter and the post-motor filter.
If you own a Dyson ball vacuum cleaner, you’ll naturally want to know how to empty it so that it stays clean and in excellent condition.
In this article, we’ve shown you how to empty and clean the dust bin of your Dyson ball vacuum as well as how to clean its important components.