If you’re tired of vacuuming your home, you will probably like the idea of having a robot vacuum. This device glides across the floor, picking up dust and debris so you don’t have to do it manually.
Is a robot vacuum effective? Although a robovac isn’t as effective at deep cleaning your home as a regular vacuum cleaner, it’s easier and more effective than sweeping your home.
Should you purchase a Eufy or Roomba to clean your floor while you relax? Here’s a comparison between the two brands so you can purchase the most effective robovac that meets your needs.
Eufy vs Roomba: How Do They Compare? Let’s explore the differences between Eufy and Roomba to see which one is best for you.
Eufy might not be a robot vacuum brand you’re familiar with, but that’s about to change. While it’s a newcomer to the industry, its products are affordable which makes it a solid choice for people who want to make use of a robot vacuum cleaner without blowing their budgets.
Eufy forms part of Anker Innovations. This brand is considered to be a trusted consumer electronics brand. Anker was founded in 2011 in America.
Eufy is a company that provides a range of products displaying some of the latest technologies to make cleaning your home more convenient.
While “Roomba” has become a household name, its official name is the iRobot Roomba. It’s probably more talked about than the Eufy and that’s because it was launched in 2002 in America by iRobot, a robotics company, so it’s been around for a while.
It’s also really popular, as approximately 20 percent of all robot vacuums that are sold are Roombas.
Eufy’s robot vacuum range includes a large variety. The vacuums are categorized according to different series, so let’s check them out.
- X8 and X8 Hybrid: These bestselling robovacs provide double suction power with each of their turbines generating 2000 Pa of suction power. This means that you can pick up around 57.6 percent more dirt and pet hair. They also provide 80 percent more airflow so that their roller brush doesn’t get tangled, and 127 percent increased capacity so you can empty it less.
So, what are their differences? Unlike its X8 predecessor, the X8 Hybrid has a vacuum and mop included. However, the X8 comes with a greater dust box capacity – while the X8 Hybrid has a 400ml large dust box, the X8 has a 600ml one.
The robovac in this series is the L70 Hybrid. It has a bit more suction power than the X series offerings. It contains an iPath laser navigation feature which offers a 2.5 hour run time and it gives you 2200 Pa of strong suction power.
This, combined with its sensors, let you clean your home thoroughly. For even more convenience, this is a hybrid vacuum and mop that can clean a variety of surfaces.
- G30: The G30 is designed to navigate faster as it makes use of logical route planning to prevent it from missing any spots on the floor. It offers 2000 Pa of suction and you can control it from your smartphone, where you can also set up cleaning schedules. What’s great about this robovac is that it can seamlessly switch from cleaning carpets to hard floors, thanks to its BoostIQ Technology that increases its suction power when required.
- G20: The G20 has 2500 Pa suction power while only emitting 55dB of sound, so it’s quiet. Since it’s 2.85 inches in height, this robovac can smoothly move underneath hard-to-reach areas in the home, such as furniture and beds.
- G10 Hybrid: The G10 Hybrid robovac has many of the same features that you’ll find in other Eufy robovacs. It has gyro navigation that cleans more efficiently and comes with a mop feature as well as a vacuum. You can control it by voice or via an app, and it’s got 2000 Pa of suction power as well as 2.85 height that enables you to clean in more hard-to-reach areas of the home.
- Robovac 11S: This doesn’t have as much suction power as previous models – you’re looking at 1300 Pa. However, it makes use of BoostIQ Technology to increase suction power automatically when you need to do deeper cleaning. It has an anti-scratch glass top cover for increased protection and even a drop-sensing feature so that it prevents falls.
- Robovac 30C: Unlike the Robovac 11S, this robot vacuum cleaner is Wi-Fi enabled so you can connect to Google Assistant, Alexa, and the EufyHome app. It’s got 1500 Pa suction power and BoostIQ technology.
- Robovac 15C Max: This model also has Wi-Fi and BoostIQ technology on board, but it offers 2000 Pa of suction power.
iRobot offers a variety of Roomba models. Let’s check out the different product series to learn more about them.
- S9+: This Roomba Robot vacuum looks stylish with its gold and black design. It is the smartest and most powerful offering from iRobot. You can pair it with the Ultimate Robot Mop to make it even more advanced. You’ll love that it has a CleanBase Automatic Dirt Disposal that enables it to empty itself for up to 60 days.
It has a three-stage cleaning system that loosens and eliminates dirt and pet hair from carpets, plus it automatically increases suction when required. It uses Perfect Edge Technology with sensors and a Corner Brush to get into hard-to-reach places.
- j7+ Robot Vacuum: This vacuum cleaner also has a CleanBase Automatic Dirt Disposal on board so it will empty itself for 60 days. It can spot clean messes as they happen, thanks to how you can use voice commands to tell it where to clean. It uses PrecisionVision navigation and Genius Technology to spot and avoid common objects that are in its way, such as shoes or cords.
- J7 Robot Vacuum: This robovac has many of the same features as the j7+, but it doesn’t automatically remove dirt.
- Roomba i13+ EVO and Roomba i13 EVO: These two models are very similar. They both have features such as navigating in neat rows and being able to navigate underneath furniture with ease. They also both have DirtDetect technology that focuses on cleaning dirty spots more thoroughly.
The difference is that while the i13+ has a CleanBase Automatic Dirt Disposal on board, this is sold separately with the i13.
- Roomba 694: This robot vacuum cleaner offers standard suction, which makes it ideal for everyday cleaning. It also provides personalized suggestions for cleaning effectively. While it doesn’t come with many frills, it offers three-stage cleaning so it’s still a solid product.
Both Eufy and Roomba offer customers a variety of available accessories, not just replacement parts.
Accessories for your robovac include the following items. To make sure that the accessory you want is compatible with your robovac, punch in your robovac model on the Eufy website to view its accessories.
- Two-in-one crevice tool. This enables you to switch from using soft brushes to the crevice tool, and you can do this easily by pressing the release button. This crevice tool is ideal for cleaning in hard-to-reach areas.
- Replacement dust collector bin, so that your robovac can stay on top of cleaning debris effectively.
- Charging base. This makes it more convenient to charge your robovac.
- Water tank. These are compatible with Eufy robovacs which offer a mopping function.
- Remote control. This makes controlling your Eufy robovac much easier.
Roomba offers accessories for their robovacs, but the ones you can get will vary from one series to the next so always check to see what’s available on the Roomba website. Here are some of the best accessories to consider to take your Roomba to the next level.
- Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier. This ensures your robot will stay in the room where you want it to clean and away from ones where you don’t want it to go.
- Corner brushes. These brushes are designed with five arms so that they can collect more debris and dirt from deep corners as well as along walls, before placing them in the robovac’s path so that they can be vacuumed.
- Edge sweeping brush. This is designed at a 27-degree angle to enable it to sweep dirt away from corners and edges so that the robovac can eliminate it.
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes. These are flexible and make close contact with various floor surfaces so that they clean your floors thoroughly. While one brush loosens and agitates debris, the other brush moves in the opposite direction to extract dirt and pull it in.
- CleanBase Automatic Dirt Disposal. This holds 60 bins of dust and dirt, and then makes use of disposable bags for easy disposal.
If you’re looking for an affordable robovac for your home, Eufy is a good choice. By comparison, if you want advanced features and have the budget for them, you should choose a Roomba instead.
Generally, a Roomba vacuum can cost $274.99 all the way up to $999.99. By comparison, a Eufy robovac costs between $199 and $649, so if you’re on a budget purchasing an older Eufy robovac model can save you money.
A Eufy robovac comes with a 12-month warranty. By comparison, a Roomba also comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Eco-Friendliness and Sustainability
Eufy offers eco-friendly cleaning solutions that are used with their 2-in-1 robovacs that vacuum and mop your floors. While these products are tough on stains, they’re plant-based and kind to the environment.
When it comes to the company’s latest robot vacuum models, they’re focused on being more powerful which also reduces their energy usage. Their increased capacity enables them to clean more while allowing you to empty them less frequently, thus reducing waste.
The X8 and X8 Hybrid models, for example, clean more debris and dust with just one pass across the floor, therefore saving on battery life and energy usage.
Having robovacs that use intelligent navigation so that they learn the home’s layout to improve their efficiency also prevents them from wasting energy. For example, the robovac G20 has Smart Dynamic Navigation on board to achieve this purpose.
iRobot, which produces the Roomba, is committed to following sustainable practices. It works closely with contract manufacturers and their broader supply chain to ensure that the products meet the highest standards of quality and also to enhance production to reduce environmental impact.
The latest Roomba models have features on board that make them smarter. For example, they have navigation systems that clean in straight lines the first time around instead of having to go over the same spot multiple times.
This saves energy. In addition, the battery life that you’ll find in the latest Roomba models is more efficient than it used to be in older models. These features combine to make the robovacs more efficient and less wasteful.
How long do robot vacuums last?
Generally, you can expect a robot vacuum to last for between four and six years.
How do you maintain a robot vacuum?
You should maintain your robovac by cleaning out its dust bin and cleaning its brushes, wheels, and air filters. You should also dust its charging station regularly.
If you want to make cleaning your floors much easier, you should invest in a robot vacuum. Two of the biggest brands in the industry are Eufy and Roomba. Which one should you buy?
In this article, we’ve featured everything you need to know as we’ve compared these robovacs according to various features, from how much they cost to how many models and accessories are available.